What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text your browser creates and exchanges with web servers when you visit a website. Cookies allow the website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or its equipment. Depending on the information they contain and how they use the computer, they can be used to recognize the user.
What types of cookies does this website use?
This website uses the following kinds of cookies:
- Technical cookies: These allow the user to navigate through the restricted area and use its different functions. They are necessary for navigation and the proper functioning of our website.
- Personalisation cookies: These allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language or the type of browser through which the user connects.
- Analysis cookies: These allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by our users of the service. To do this, your website browsing is analyzed to improve the service we offer. These cookies are completely anonymized and never store information that would allow in any case to identify the user.
Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
- First-party or own cookies: These are cookies that are generated on your computer and can be exchanged with our web server
- Third-party: These are cookies that are generated on your computer and are managed by other collaborating entities. Specifically, we use Fathom Analytics as a web analytics system.
Types of cookies according to the length of time they remain activated:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website, so none of them remain registered on your device. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on the website. This allows us to improve both the experience and facilitate the use of the service.
You can find links to information about managing, deleting or disabling cookies in the main browsers:
- Setting cookies in Google Chrome
- Setting cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge
- Setting cookies in Mozilla Firefox
- Setting cookies in Safari on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (Apple)
- Setting cookies on Android devices (Google)
Warning about deleting cookies
You can delete and block cookies from this site, but parts of the site may not function properly, and the quality of service may be affected.
If you have any questions about our cookies policy, you can contact us through the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundación Centro de Tecnologías de Interacción Visual y Comunicaciones Vicomtech, with Tax ID Code G-75051912, inscribed in the Register of Foundations of the Basque Country with no. F308 is the owner of this website. All information and images contained in the pages published by Vicomtech have been © Vicomtech. Email email@example.com and telephone no. +34 943309230. Vicomtech hereby authorises you to copy documents or pages published by Vicomtech on this web site for non-commercial, only provided that any copy you make of these documents retains all copyright and other proprietary notices and any disclaimer contained therein.
Vicomtech accepts no liability for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this web site or for any claims or losses of any nature arising directly or indirectly from use of, or reliance on, such information.
Vicomtech assumes no responsibility for the information contained in services maintained by third parties over whom Vicomtech has no control and to which links to this site may lead.
Purposes of data collection
Legitimate basis of the processing
The legal basis that legitimizes the processing of data obtained through cookies on the website is the legitimate interest in registering user access to the website. For more information, see the Cookies Policy.
VICOMTECH is the sole recipient of the User data obtained, notwithstanding that it also has certain data processors who provide information technology and technical services and who, in any case, are committed to the use of the data under conditions of confidentiality and conformity with the purposes for which they have been obtained.
Also, VICOMTECH shall facilitate the Users’ personal data to the competent authorities when it is required to comply with current legislation.
Data processing and storage period
VICOMTECH shall only store the Users’ data to the extent that is necessary for the purpose for which they have been obtained and in accordance with the legal basis which legitimises their processing.
In the event that a User exercises their rights, VICOMTECH may retain the data without making use of them for as long as they are necessary for the exercise of their right to defend against potential claims or in the event that legal or judicial responsibilities may arise that must be dealt with and for which data recovery might be necessary.
Rights of the User
Data protection regulations guarantee the following rights for Users:
- Access: To allow the User to know what information is stored, where it has been obtained, to whom it has been provided and for what purposes it has been processed.
- Rectification: To allow the User to rectify any erroneous or outdated data.
- Deletion: To allow the User to cause the processing of their data to cease.
- Opposition: To allow the User to cause the use of their data for a specific purpose to cease.
- Limitation: To allow the User to restrict the processing of their data, but in such a manner that the data are stored for some later purpose.
- Portability: To allow the User to obtain a copy of their data in electronic format and, under certain circumstances, to request that they be communicated to another service provider. This is only applicable for computerized processing carried out with the consent of the User or for the fulfilment of a contract.
Also, the User has the right to withdraw their consent at any time without this retroactively affecting the processing of personal data carried out up to that time.
The User may exercise the aforementioned rights in the terms and conditions provided for in the current legislation by writing to the registered office of Vicomtech, Calle Paseo Mikeletegi 57, Parque Tecnológico de Miramón, 20009 San Sebastián, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the right that they wish to exercise and attaching a scanned copy of their national identity document or equivalent document valid in law to accredit their identity.
In the event of not obtaining a satisfactory response to the exercising of their rights, they can file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.aepd.es).
VICOMTECH has adopted the security levels and measures for the protection of personal data by installing in its systems and files the technical measures necessary to guarantee the confidential processing of the data, avoid its loss, alteration and access. VICOMTECH shall not be liable for any possible damages or losses that may arise from interference, omissions, interruptions, computer viruses, telephone breakdowns or disconnections in the operational functioning of this electronic system, due to causes beyond VICOMTECH’s control; of delays or blockages in the use of this electronic system caused by deficiencies or overloads of telephone lines or overloads in the Data Processing Centre, in the internet system or in other electronic systems, as well as damages that may be caused by third parties through illegitimate interference beyond the control of VICOMTECH. Notwithstanding the above, the User must be aware that Internet security measures are not impregnable.
VICOMTECH reserves the right to modify this policy to adapt it to legislative or jurisprudential developments, as well as to industry practices. In said cases, VICOMTECH shall announce on this website the changes made with reasonable notice of their being put into practice.